How To Create A WordPress Post
This is a video tutorial on how to create a simple wordpress post. There is a difference between a POST and a PAGE. Although both look very similar and function similarly, there is a big difference on where your information will show up.
A post on WordPress goes to where all the blogs are listed and typically adds your content to the list of other blogs. Posts can be tagged and categorized, while pages are simply static pages on the blog’s site.
Here are the steps you need to take to make a post in WordPress:
- Be sure you are logged into your WordPress as a user.
- Once logged in, there are different places that you can click to create a new post. The easiest place to go is on the top of the web page to where the dark gray bar goes across the screen and click on the “+NEW” option, then select post.
- You should now fill in the top section with the title of the post
- Next, write your post in the space provided below.
- Select your category that you want to associate with this post on the right side of your screen in the “category” section
- If you want to “Preview” your page, Click on the preview button at the top of the right sidebar and be sure to close out the new tab that opened your preview to get back to your editing page.
- Input any tags that need to be entered and in the “Tags” section on the lower right side of the screen.
- If you installed “All in One SEO Pack”, enter any information in the plugin’s section to optimize your post.
- Proofread your post. If you like the way it looks and reads, click on the blue “Publish” button on the right. Don’t forget that you can always edit and update your post at any time.